Time really flies
The festival is just round the corner which will be held on the 8th and 9th May at ParkCity Everly Hotel, Miri from 7pm up to midnight. The hotel has been the official venue and accommodation provider for the prestigious event organizer-Sarawak Tourism Board, international media group and festival performers. What makes the event so special is that it’s celebrating the 10th edition of contemporary and fusion jazz. Having covering the event for 5 years as part of the media team is such an honor and I’m indeed grateful for the trust and opportunity offered by the organizer-Sarawak Tourism Board.
I just can’t wait to see what the 10th edition has to offer.
Special facts that you should know
1. Due to the 10th anniversary celebration of the event, the organizer has set up a ‘walk down memory lane’ along the pathway heading towards The Pavilion. This is to recall the last 10 years in pictures so do check it out when you are there. 😉
2. There will be a reunion of bands comprising 8 top international and regional jazz performers with 4 groups performing each night. In short, you’ll get to see the best of the best performers throughout the 10 years of Borneo Jazz.
3. After the concert ends, it will not just stop there. Jamming session will be continuing at Ruai Lounge and you are welcome to join the session. Entrance is free as you just need to show your wrist tag to enter. 🙂
4. For the first time, Johor Tourism in collaboration with Sarawak Tourism Board will be showcasing their events and tourism activities during the festival.
5. No festival is complete without bringing back some souvenir back for memories. Fret not coz there will be 20 stalls including craft and food bazaar offering wide varieties of food and souvenirs held both days. Festival memorabilia such as performers’ CDs, T-shirts, etc are also made available.
Wait, wait, waittttttttt! 😀
Remember The Nylons? The acapella group? The one that sang ‘When The Lion Sleeps Tonight’? You’ll get to meet them up, close and personal on May 7 (it’s TOMORROW!) for a preview show at 6pm in Bintang Mall. Make sure you don’t miss it. Be there early!
So, there you have it. Borneo Jazz Festival is just a day away and I am super excited on what it has to offer. If you haven’t got your ticket yet, special ticket price offer is still on until May 7.
Stay tuned for more updates on 10th anniversary celebration of 2015 Borneo Jazz Festival. 😉