Friday Was The Lucky Day

It was a ‘painful’ and tiring week end for me. My whole body was aching and soon I stepped down from my bed, I barely can walk. I was limping. On my way to the kitchen for a glass of milk, I was trying to figure out what could have caused to my limping walk till I saw both of my knees had bruises (i bruise easily anyway).

I was smiling at myself when I saw it. Images of me sliding on the ground couple of times to hit the ball during my volleyball tournament was flashing one by one back in my head. Yes, I did not put on any knee pads or whatever ‘safety gears’ whenever I’m ‘in action’. To me, it makes me look weak to my opponent plus I like to hold to the statement of ‘no pain, no gain’.ย 

being notti

part of the team member

Unfortunately we only won two sets and lose two sets. We didn’t go to the semi-final stage but we were happy to make it this far. I have to admit the students’ teams are better than us in terms of teamwork.

Does the bruises worth it? Yes, it does. In terms of gaining points, we were improving a lot. We were losing one or two points when we lose and winning few points more than the opponent as compare to our last year performance. I can’t wait for next year volleyball tournament. ๐Ÿ™‚

I reached home in the evening from the volleyball tournament. By the time I’m done freshen myself; I was too tired to cook. I end up enjoying myself munching tidbits’ and drinking green tea in front of my new television. I always wanted a big screen tv (after my 21″ tv stolen from my house few years back) and on last Friday night, my wish came true. I won myself a 29″ Samsung flat screen television. ๐Ÿ™‚

me and my grand prize of lucky draw

Last Friday evening was my university 10th birthday celebration party and it was held at The Pavillion, ParkCity Everly Hotel. For the first time, we were being entertained by a local acoustic live band and the Deputy Chief Minister, Datuk Patinggi Dr. George Chan was there to witness and share our wild and crazy party celebration.

felly and me

As I had another gathering to attend at SOHO on that night and not to disappoint Pete (the guest of honor), I was so impatient to wait for the lucky draw sessions to end. I remembered Terry stopped me couple of times when I told him that I intend to leave the party (as I feel I would never have any luck in those lucky draws) and I did with ‘a heavy heart.

you are looking at the most notti and noisest group of that night

When the PVC was stirring the ‘names’ in the bowl on the stage, I was screaming “Say my name!! Say my name!!” from my seat and he did eventually. I was stunned for a second and when my name was called for the second time, I quickly jumped from my seat and ran toward to the stage to claim my prize.

i cant believe you call my name!!

I was smiling all the way back home but I dropped by at SOHO first to meet up with Pete and other forum member who were still around. I was late (way too late) but I hope I can meet up with others again in future gathering.

I still had the butterflies on my tummy though. ๐Ÿ™‚

ps – a big thank you to Pete for the volleyball pictures. ๐Ÿ˜‰


  1. Nightwing

    28 April, 2009 at 8:48 am

    Congrats in getting the lucky draw..:)

    1. ladybirdmollyz

      29 April, 2009 at 9:30 am

      thank you bro. its a gift from the almighty. ๐Ÿ™‚

  2. Nayi

    29 April, 2009 at 8:36 am


    1. ladybirdmollyz

      29 April, 2009 at 9:32 am

      congratulation tu ikhlas ke tak? atau dek tergoda tengok lurah berahi ku? ;p

      thanks for dropping by and do visit more often ya. ๐Ÿ™‚

Leave a Reply

CommentLuv badge