The Return of An’ Escape’

Waking up feeling so cold. Sounds of cricket, birds and the river rapids from a distance works as an alarm clock. A beautiful feeling that one has to experience it’s own.

Grabbed my toiletries bag, headed for the bathroom for my morning shower. The water is so freaking cold but amazingly you felt so fresh few seconds later. It’s simply because it’s a clean, fresh water that comes from the mountain.

Had a simple breakfast with the team. 3 in 1 Boh Tea with few pieces of Tiger cracker biscuits. It taste tasty when you get to dip the cracker biscuits in the tea. Simply delicious.

6:30 – 8:30am
Had a post mortem discussion with the team on the undergoing research project. Penghulu sat down and listened attentively to us at the corner of the living room.

Had a quick meet up session with relatives that I barely know. Catching up on family affair and deep inside, wishing for more  time to get to know each other better.

Departing to the airport with 4wd vehicle. Checking in our luggages. Ate some rambutan that been plucked along the way earlier on. Had chit chat session with long lost schoolmates.

Was been told the flight will depart on 11:15am instead of 10:15am per shown in MASWing website. Screw you MASWing!! What kind of service is that?? Anyway, will put aside a corner for my dissatisfaction MASWing service in my future post.

Officially taking off from the airport heading for Miri. It was freaking hazy along the way and I cried deep inside looking at the ‘molested’ forest from up above. The color of the rivers look like ‘teh-c’ (tea with ideal milk). I guess in 5 years to come, it will look like ‘3 layer teh-c’, seriously. 🙁

Landed on Miri airport. Switched on the mobile phone to inform family member that I’ve landed safely. Had mixed feeling – happy and sad and memories of my forest adventures keep on flashing back in the head.

Reached home. Noticed my plants were dried up. Unpacked my stuff, dumped it in the washing machine and switched it on. Cooked myself instant noodle. Lazy to ‘tapau’ some food on the way back. After late lunch, hit the shower to re-fresh myself. 🙂

Took the laptop and broadband modem to get myself connected to the ‘concrete forest’ while enjoying sipping my cereal drink.

Yes, I’m back to the urban lifestyle again after literally hibernating myself deep inside the Borneo forest for 5 days. It was a memorable adventure experience and I’ll be definitely be coming back again here. This time, it will be to the remotest area where primitive lifestyle still can be seen (by God’s willing). I just hope and keeping my fingers crossed to explore the next field trip – Lata Pillah or Long Mubui. 😉


  1. pilgrimsmaster

    28 September, 2009 at 5:30 pm

    hehe cepat juak update blog ;D

    1. ladybirdmollyz

      28 September, 2009 at 8:26 pm

      cepat juak u leave yr footprint sitok.. ;p

  2. lilikindsli

    30 September, 2009 at 11:18 pm

    dU2dkD I want to say – thank you for this!

Leave a Reply

CommentLuv badge